Knowing the cookies
Cookies are small text files with relevant information that your access device (computer, mobile phone / smartphone or tablet) carries through the browser when a website is visited by the user.
The placement of cookies will not only help the website to recognize the user’s device the next time he visits it, but will often be essential for the operation of the site. Cookies used by RM Academy on their websites do not collect personal information that allows you to identify the user. They store generic information, namely the form or place / country of access of the users and how they use the websites, among others. Cookies only retain information related to your preferences.
In general, cookies are used to enhance the user’s browsing experience, increasing response speed and efficiency. They eliminate the need to repeatedly enter the same information and help determine that the advertising messages you see are relevant and fit your interests, ie the usefulness, interest and number of uses of the websites.
Different types of cookies
Each cookie used has a function and an expiration date.
You may disable some or all of the cookies at any time. By disabling cookies, the RM Academy website may not function properly.
All browsers allow the user to accept, reject or delete cookies, in particular by selecting the appropriate settings in their browser.
You can set cookies in the “Options” or “Preferences” menu of your browser:
To enable cookies in Internet Explorer, simply do the following:
1) Click the “Tools” menu and “Internet Options”;
2) In the “Privacy” tab, move the cursor down or select “Accept all cookies”;
3) To complete, click OK.
To enable cookies in Mozilla Firefox, simply do the following:
1) Click the menu and choose “Options”;
2) On the “Privacy” tab, move the cursor down or select “Use custom settings for history”;
3) Select the “Accept cookies from websites” option to enable cookies;
4) To finish, click OK.
To enable cookies in Google Chrome, simply perform the following steps:
1) Click “Customize and control Google Chrome”;
2) On the “Behind the scenes” tab, click “Content settings”;
3) Select the option “Allow local data definition (recommended)”;
To enable cookies in Safari, simply perform the following steps:
1) Open Safari, if it is not already open;
2) Go to preferences and click on “Privacy”;
3) In the “Block cookies” section, specify whether and when Safari should accept cookies from websites. To see an explanation of the options, click the “Help” button (question mark);
4) If you want to see which websites store cookies on your computer, you should click on “Details”.
5) If you set Safari to block cookies, you may need to accept cookies temporarily to open a page. Repeat the above steps by selecting “Never.” When you finish the page, you can block the cookies again and remove the cookies from the page.
Cookies in the opening of newsletters / emails
Newsletters / emails can, for statistical purposes, contain a small image that lets you know if they are open and check the clicks through links or ads within the newsletter. The user always has the possibility to disable the sending of the newsletter / email through the specific option in the footnote of the newsletter / email or through our website.
Regarding the function, the cookies used may be:
Essential Cookies – Some cookies are essential to access specific areas of the RM Academy website. Allow navigation on the website and the use of your applications. Without these cookies, services that require it can not be provided.
Feature Cookies – Feature cookies allow you to remember your preferences for browsing the website. So you do not need to reconfigure and customize it every time you visit.
Analytical cookies – These cookies are used to analyze how users use the website, allowing you to highlight articles or services that may be of interest to users, and monitor website performance, knowing which pages are most popular, which method of linking between pages that is most effective, or to determine why some pages are receiving error messages. These cookies are used only for the purpose of statistical creation and analysis, without ever collecting personal information. Thus, RM Academy can provide a high quality experience by customizing your offer and quickly identifying and correcting any issues that arise.
Regarding the expiration date, the cookies used may be:
Permanent cookies – They are stored on your access devices (computer, mobile phone / smartphone or tablet) at the browser level, and are used whenever the user visits the website again. In general, they are used to direct navigation according to the interests of the user, allowing RM Academy to provide a more personalized service.
Session Cookies – These are temporary, cookies are generated and are available until the end of the session. The next time the user accesses their browser, cookies are no longer stored. The information obtained allows you to manage sessions, identify problems and provide a better browsing experience.
For more information on cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.